Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Water Pageant

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:43 am

*the night is warm and the air filled with excitement and music. Vividly decorated barges fill the torchlit Thames in honour of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and her suitor Don Juan. All of the court are invited to attend in their finery to watch the festivities, pageants and fireworks. Their boats await jostling merrily upon the water as though seeking the attention of her majesty's Royal Barge.*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:46 am

*Juan waits at the dock, chatting with some members of the Spanish ambassador's household*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:51 am

*Her majesty sweeps down toward the Royal barge decked out in a dress of vivid yellow and gold, for she doth represent the sun in the approaching pageant. She smiles her greeting to Juan, nods at the gentlemen of Count Feria's household and offers her hand to Juan so that he may guide her to the Royal Barge*
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 am

My lady.
*bows*
You look brilliant, madame. I am sure no spectacle can match your beauty.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:07 am

*Marie stares from the shore, stunned and furious that Elizabeth has began the celebration without her, and that she has no barge*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:17 am

Thank-you my lord, you are too kind. Thine venetian cloth ist also most impressive.

*seeing Marie, Elizabeth beckons her to come over*

Dear cousin, where ist thine betrothed? I believe he wast meant to be bringing his barge here to carry you to the entertainments. Thou art welcome of course to join us while you await his arrival.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 am

Why yes, your Grace should take your leisure until he arrives with your barge.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 am

*Marie turns on the famous Stuart charm and smiles brilliantly*. Why thank you, cousins. I believe I shall.

Why you are both dressed so fantastically! I can scarcely compare ... *Marie's face turns a shade of puce* ... my cousin, what a LOVELY chain of black pearls you are wearing, wherever did you get them?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 am

*has a sudden bolt of awareness that this is not good*
Oh my, would you look at that over there? Isn't that an amazing...thing?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 am

...these? They were a gift from my lord of Leicester. I do believe they came by way of thine brother and that he had to fight off bids from thine mother in law for them.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:44 am

*Chokes slightly, but my facial expression is still one of kindness and love*.

But my dearest brother had no right to sell them, I did not give him permission. They were stolen, could you giveth them back?

*Holds out a hand that is trembling*.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:45 am

*to Marie, quietly*
Your Grace, is this the time or place?
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 am

*Smiles at Juan* Of course it is. She cannot attack me, or deny me what is mine in full view of the crowds, when I am in her realm. It is the perfect time.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 am

*Elizabeth steps aboard the barge and seats herself upon a pile of cusions where she doth consider the matter for a moment.*

This is an interesting situation indeed. So these are then thine pearls which were sold by thine brother to raise funds to put Scotland back together after thine abandonment of it to run off with Bothwell. If I part with the pearls I wilt distress my lord of Leicester greatly and he wilt wish recompense from the Scots council seeing as he didst pay a pretty penny to gain them.

I myself wudst be willing to return the pearls but I fear that would leave myself and the Earl of Leicester devoid of some token displaying his loyaty to me.

...mayhaps it cudst be fixed thus. If I give thee the pearls thou cudst see fit to grant my lord Dudley some small gift of thanks for going to such expense to keep thine jewels from straying into the wrong hands. What thinkest thou cousin?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 am

Ah my lady, truly you are wise as Solomon!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Woodville
Queen Consort
Elizabeth Woodville

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 pm

*Decked in a grey/blue gown and what seems like millions of pearls, Elizabeth stands against the water. The dress flows like the tide and her beauty strongly rivals that of her oceanic ancestress, Melusina.*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:11 pm

*Smiles at Elizabeth with all of my charm turned on MAXIMUM*. You must be mistaken cousin. My nobles rebelled against me, their rightful sovereign, after imprisoning me illegally. All because they were jealous of my dear Hepburn. But that is old water under the bridge.

Would you wish me to grant him some money? A noble ladies hand in marriage? Perhaps a noble ranking?

*The hand is still outstretched, but it is no longer trembling*.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Juan de Austria wrote:
Ah my lady, truly you are wise as Solomon!

Is she not, dearest Juan? Such wisdom is such befitting of a Good Queen. You could scarcely do better!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:35 am

I am honored she merely deigns to converse with me, my lady!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:54 am

Bestowing whatever gift thou thinkest wilt honour my lord of Leicester would prove to those who still doubt our kinship that the bonds betwixt England and Scotland are strong.

*Elizabeth smiles at Marie, rises and takes hold of her hand, leading her to the front of the barge. With a wave of her hand, and her sudden appearance in full view, nobles scramble to give their Queen their attention.*

*Elizabeth speaks boldly, loudly and Princely to the assembled parties*

We are truly blessed this eve to be graced not only with the companionship of Don Juan who doth pledge his suit to us, but also that of our good cousin Marie of Scotland.

*Elizabeth removes the pearls from her neck*

It pleases us to return to Her Majesty the pearls taken from her by her rebel lords. Rescued at great expense by Robert, Earl of Leicester, they are now back in the posession of their true Queen.

*Elizabeth places the pearls about Marie's neck and embraces her afront the crowds*

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:57 am

*murmurs to Elizabeth*
Very well done, my lady.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:03 pm

*Charles hangs back, not wishing to draw attention to himself at the expense of his son. He wears a simple black doublet with matching hose and hat, and a cloak to cover his ever-present collar of the Fleece.*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm

*Elizabeth laughs, quite delighted by Juan's approval. Taking his arm, she leads him back away from the crowds. Thus allowing Marie the chance to hold court for a brief moment and make her own address to the subjects of her neighbouring kingdom.*

Alas my lord, you see me tested as a monarch when we should be given the time and space to get to know each other as kindred souls, as equals. However, it doth please me to see you aprove of my Princely methods and can see first hand what I truly do best of all.

*Elizabeth sighs*

Twud be a greater pleasure if I thought my cousin didst crave our kinship and good relations as much as I. Our role as Regents doth put us forever trying to best each other and tis a game I think Marie doth revel in. I myself - though competitive - have my sights more firmly set upon the wellbeing of our kingdoms and would therefore wish us to rule side by side. Alas tis not to be.

*Elizabeth stares into the distance, then minds to compose herself afore tears threaten to approach. She smiles at Juan, seats herself back upon the cushions and bids him to join her.*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:25 pm

*beckoning one of her ladies approach she doth lean forward to give a command, words to be passed to her good cousin. She would make her wish known to Marie that the other assembled regal guests be also honoured and that it would please her greatly if Marie would play the role of joint hostess of the festivities this eve to allow her time with Don Juan.*

*Elizabeth doth see this as a chance for Marie to place herself as an equal in the eyes of the court and assembled foreign dignatries and ambassadors. A chance to shine as regent which is not allowed her in the rarely visited highlands. If done well it will be shown to all of Europe that the Scots and English realms are good and strong in both their rule and kinship. It will also be made clear that they do wish peace and goodwill with their neighbouring realms.*
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:31 pm

*Juan leans back, stretches his legs out in front of him*
England then is fortunate to have such a Queen, who always seeks to strive for her country's wellbeing. As Marie and her son are your current nearest heirs, it would see meet she show her abilities as a monarch, to put your subjects at easy. To rule is difficult, I see from the struggles of my half-brother, and from my own efforts in the Low Countries. To be honest, I much prefer the action of the fight, and would gladly leave the running of England in your more-than-capable hands, were our bethrothal to go forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Water Pageant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Water Pageant
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royals Reborn :: ROYALS REBORN RPG :: Kingdom Of England-
Jump to: