Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.

Go down 
+10
Isabella of Portugal
Lord James of York
Mary Tudor
The black knight
Henry VIII
Francis
Marie Stuart
Arthur Tudor
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Charles V
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Francis

Francis

Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 am

*Watches the jousting from under his blue parasol, in his place, next to Marie. His jealousy begins rising as she continually twiddles with the rose."

Marie, dear... Please, stop twiddling that rose, I am getting jealous... and remember I have always got what I wanted
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:47 am

Thank you, son *bows slightly* - I would be honored. Pages! Get my barding on this mount. Has it got a name?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:50 am

Yes Your Grace ... his name is Wildfire ... and you will rarely find a more loyal beast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:54 am

Give your master my thanks!
*mounts and rides to the list field*

(and with bad timing, I'm out for the night)
Back to top Go down
Francis

Francis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 am

*Smiles at Henry VIII as he rides by to attach one of Marie's favours onto his lance*

Keep away from her

(OOC: I too am going bed)
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 am

(OOC: it can wait Smile )

Henry charges at the black knight at a full gallop again. His mount does not seem as eager to carry its load across the field but it does so with out protest.

This time Henry lunges out at th black knight as the two meet on the field. Henry conected with the knights armor but he remained solid in the saddle.

Henry *now panting* rides back to his end of the field.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:18 am

*Shudders at Henry's wink and turns to smile at Francis*. Of course my Lord. *Places the Rose behind my ear* How does it look?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 pm

(OOC: sorry, was in a writing mood this morning lol)

Having completed his master’s bidding, the young boy returns to the stables to find Sir Nicholas where he had left him. His lord’s eyes fixed upon the Queen of Scots.

The boy thinks carefully and collects his words, then speaks slowly “My Lord, The Goodly Emperor doth thank thee for the use of thine mount.”

Nicholas turns his gaze to the boy and smiles “That is very good, thou art learning to speak like a true noble.”

The boy flushes with pleasure “No one will ever mistake me for a noble my Lord” his speech reverting back to its natural common dialect and verbiage

“There is more to true nobility than birth, there is honor and loyalty. Always remember that Geoffrey, always” Nicholas replies sternly

“My lord … is it true whats been whispered about the castle? That yer trunk is packed and yer leaving ? Geoffrey quickly remembers his station in this world "Forgive me … I shuldst remember my place …” the boy stammers nervously.

“Geoffrey I gave thee leave to speak with me freely whilst there was a crown upon mine head, why shuldst it not be so now that there is not” Nicholas frowns slightly, knowing where the conversation is going. He had been expecting it.

“Tis true then, yer no longer our King” the boy frowns “and yer leaving?”

“My continued presence here is yet undetermined” Nicholas replies “But no, I am not thine King.”

“Tis shame my Lord if I can say, we all love you, and not just here around the castle either, in the villages too, the whole realm loves you.” Geoffrey smiled sadly “tis been a long time since a royal has been known to ride through the villages talking to us common folk and seeing to our needs and such. Where will you go my Lord?”

Nicholas smiles in spite of himself “I have come to love the people of this realm very much and it pleases me greatly to know they feel the same for me. But it does nothing to change the way of things I am afraid. As for my leaving, if I so decide to do so, I may return to England. My place as Queen Elizabeth’s Master of Horse is always assured, and I do have a great affection for the beasts. But the goodly Emperor hath seen fit to honor me with lands so perhaps I shall go and find them, or mayhap he shall have a quest for me.”

“Can I … wont you take me with you my Lord, please.” Geoffrey pleads “You know Im just one more mouth to feed for me family and all. I wont amount to nothing here, you can keep teachin me the ways of the Knighthood and all and how to speak good…”

“Well … speak well” Nicholas corrects him with a smile. “If I leave, and thine Mother and Father agree, thou may accompany me as my squire. Now tell me …” Turns his attention back to the parade field, “Who is that on the field with His Majesty?”

“We don’t know my Lord, that horse isn’t one of ours either” the boy informs him. “We are all curious, was hopein you knew.”

“No, no I don’t” Nicholas replied, dread creeping upon him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 am

*muttering to his borrowed horse in German, Charles approaches the king*
Tough opponent, coz?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:22 am

*Henry smiles broadly as he eyes Charles approach. The Dark Knight has already moved to one side of the parade ground to await his next bought*

You look splendid *Henry calls out to the Emperor* Are you ready for the sport ?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 am

If I must! Go gentle, eh?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 am

Of course of course! *Henry smiles broadly, having no intention of doing any thing of the sort*

(OOC: You do have my permission to knock him on his fat ass if you wish lol)
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:14 am

(hrm, I may just might! )

*to self*
My Imperial self is going to regret this in the morning.
*couches lance and spurs his horse down the field to meet the king. Charles's armor is spectacular, decorated with gold inlay and the initials KD- Karolus Divus, one of his many titles. The barding bearing his arms and motto flutters as the horse charges full-bore ahead. The emperor lands a blow square on the king*
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 am

Henry for his part galloped his way down the field bouncing merrily along. His lance was poised but he was not preparing to put much weight behind it this pass, he had decided to prolong his victory and knock the good Emperor from his “high horse” the next. Henry was not braced for any impact to his own person being quite sure there would be none. It proved to be a grave error.

Charles’s hit is landed with precision as if he were an old pro of the joust. Coupled with the extreme speed of Nicholas’s horse the lance hits home like a battering ram, or at least it feels so to the unprepared Henry. The blow rattles his armor so violently it is a wonder he does not vibrate right off his mount.

It is at this crucial moment that the King’s horse is done with toting its obese load. It seems even the most well trained of war horses do have their limits. The horse halts to an abrupt start and bucks. Already off balance by the lance blow Henry topples over the horse’s rear and lands on his own back side with a great oaf! (here in truth the horse thinks about kicking him but then decides why bother )
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:40 am

*dismounts at the end of the list and hands his helmet to a young page, before making his way to the king. Charles knows he's stronger than people often assume, since they are distracted by the chin and never seem to notice the body below in top condition*
Your Grace? Are you all right?

(ooc- I started off playing old, gouty Charles but have since decided I prefer the young athletic version instead!)
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:57 am

(OOC: I like the young Charles ... I thought of playing the younger Henry but then thought the gluttonous, preverted, slob would be more fun lol)

Henry's first reaction is shock. He looks around himself from where he now sits on the grass, his expression is one of someone who has just awoke from a vivid dream and does not know where they are. But the pain in his rear soon reaches out to snatch Henry back to reality.

His face turns a nasty shade of crimson, first in embarrasment, then in anger.

"Bloody horse!" Henry bellows, "someone take this foul beast and have it destoyed! Ready me a suitable mount!" Geoffry, under Nicholas's instruction, is already on the scene. He leaves the King a fresh mount and quickly whisks the other away before it can be further abused.

"I am fine Charles, fine ... twas the damn beast it was" Henry lies knowing full well Charles had bested him, Henry would have met the ground either way and it is this knowledge that has him more angry than his now sore tooshie.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:04 am

It's hard to find a good jousting mount- to be sure, I was a bit leery of mine, as it is not my usual horse, completely understandable. Do you wish another pass? Some wine?

(ooc- old Charles was a downer, after Isabella died he got morbid)
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 am

(OOC: awe Sad they seemed to have loved each other very much)

Another pass! If you are up to it my old friend. If not we can stop for refreshments.

Henry attempts to get to get to his feet but his and weight and that of the armor send him back down upon his already bruiseing bottom.

Several pages quickly arrive and manage, after some struggle, to ge the King upon his feet once more.

He moves very gingerly towards his mount, limping.

On the other side of the field the Dark Knight sits tall upon his mount, watching all, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 am

*while Henry labors to get up, Charles smirks...just a little*
I could use a refresher. I say, that man in black is still there.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 am

*Henry looks over and gives a great snort* So he is ... *laughs and mutters* That Nicholas does have a flare for the dramatic. I guess he wants another go with me.

He can wait, I fancy a spot of wine before I finish him off.

*bellows to the servents to bring wine as he walks towards the sidelines to rejoin Marie and Francis*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:37 am

Is that who it is? Huh.
*follows after Henry, smiling slightly* Wine does sound delicious. My empress's family sends the best port.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:42 am

Who else would turn up uninvited all dressed in black like some brooding demon, he tries to be so mysterious but it is laughable ... of course it is him. He means to win that kiss from the Scot Queen I wager *chuckles*

Port did you say? I do enjoy a good port, but I doubt they have anything as grand as what you are used to in this court, not in this God forsaken realm.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 am

Godforsaken realm? What I am used to?
This is my realm!
They know what I am used to! *waves off the king*
*sighs*
No, I do not think that is Nicholas. Excuse me, won't you?
*strides towards the mystery man, moving as smoothly and briskly as he does without armor*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 am

*stops in front of the mystery knight, followed by the ever-watchful large guardsmen*
Good afternoon, my lord! Would know, who are you which graces me with your presence?

Last edited by Charles V on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inability to type)
Back to top Go down
Arthur Tudor

Arthur Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Henry VIII wrote:
(OOC: awe Sad they seemed to have loved each other very much)

Another pass! If you are up to it my old friend. If not we can stop for refreshments.

Henry attempts to get to get to his feet but his and weight and that of the armor send him back down upon his already bruiseing bottom.

Several pages quickly arrive and manage, after some struggle, to ge the King upon his feet once more.

He moves very gingerly towards his mount, limping.

On the other side of the field the Dark Knight sits tall upon his mount, watching all, waiting.

Harry!!!!

*Runs over to his brother, his cloak flapping behind him.He reaches Henry VIII*

Harry! Are you alright? *Worry is etched into his voice* This is the reason mother told you 'Quality over Quantity', you were too heavy for the horse *Even more worry is etched in his voice as he is worrying about his brother's weight*

Anyway, are you alright?

Mary is on her way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.   Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting, Jousting, Bullfighting, Etc.
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royals Reborn :: ROYALS REBORN RPG :: The Hapsburg Lands-
Jump to: