Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little idea ...

Go down 
+2
Juan de Austria
Marie Stuart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:30 am

I was thinking that since most of us play politicians whose primary interest is in foreign affairs, we should post updates in our respective realms telling the others what's going on in them. I don't want to stifle creativity, but I think we should make it so they can't be totally ridiculous. For example this would be mine:

The Scottish Protestants are devastated. Their Protestant saviour has married a Prince of Spain, their Queen's husband is the King of France, and their Crown Prince is married to an infanta of Spain. To compound all of this, both of the next heirs of the throne have converted to Catholicism. The Earl of Lennox and the Duke of Hamilton were never devout Protestants to begin with, and the promise of French pensions has driven them to change faith with an speed only greed can summon in men. The Protestants were a minority, and only succeeded in their aims due to their friends in high places. As their nobles defect to the other side, the Catholics begin to organize themselves.

What do ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:55 am

Could be good, could be good.
Although Juan was never, ever considered a prince (infante) in Spain.
Back to top Go down
thomas boleyn2
Courtier
thomas boleyn2

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm

nice idea marie, but wont it make the site far too serious we still need the humor as this makes us different from the others
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:09 pm

I am aware of this. But the Scottish Protestants would consider him one. So, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I like it!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:50 am

I like the idea of broadcasting news to my subjects and telling of their reactions to rumours. Elizabeth is firmly tied to her subjects. Their approval meant more to her than the approval of the other European realms. ...and we can still play with it enough to inject a little hint of comedy I reckon. Wink

Love it!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:46 am

I did one!
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:37 pm

@Elizabeth Actually, I meant it as a newsbrief to foreign rulers and NOT as a message to their subjects, but flexibility is cool. For example, no matter how tolerant she may have been, Elizabeth would have been totally adverse to a Catholic restoration in Scotland, thus this news would be worrying to her. She might wish to provide aid to the Scottish Protestants, distance herself from Spain and France, aid the Protestants in France, etc ...

This was pretty much to help the other Kings, Queens, Emperors and Empress' on this forum to react to what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Also, I was thinking that as a way of controlling policy we would pose our reactions to the developments in the same topic.

For example, Elizabeth would do something like this

Elizabeth's reaction: Desperate for the support the Protestant Scottish Lords Provided, Elizabeth sends warm greeting and, far more importantly, English coin to John Knox.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:44 am

I suppose I might do something like that, but if I did, I wud not have English coin sent. No blood money would ever bear mine image. Wink
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:50 am

Ah! *Smacks you lightly on the back of the head*. Get out of character!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:16 am

Don't think she can, dear!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:48 am

*laughs*

So very true. I've admired and puzzled over Elizabeth's mind and character my whole life and never strayed from the thought that if I turned out even half like her it would be a wondrous thing indeed. When I was a little girl and first asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I said "Queen Elizabeth the first" (evolving later to "egyptologist", then "hairdresser", then "rock groupie" None of which pleased the careers advisor). Her triumphs dazzle me and her faults are things I can sympathise with. There was never a truer earthly idol suited for me to follow and emulate.

I also envy those women who can live their lives in much the way that Marie Stuart did... but find myself wanting to smack them once in a while.... though I use the same tricks many a time when nothing else works. Wink

I can't admire those who are "perfect". It seems far greater in my mind to triumph despite your faults. You can learn from people like that.
Back to top Go down
thomas boleyn2
Courtier
thomas boleyn2

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:41 pm

you do Elizabeth with grace and respect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A little idea ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little idea ...   A little idea ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little idea ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royals Reborn :: OUT OF CHARACTER :: General Off Topic-
Jump to: