Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marie v Elizabeth

Go down 
+5
Elizabeth Woodville
Anne Boleyn
Elizabeth Tudor
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marie Stuart
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 am

I have nothing to add, Elizabeth states it quite nicely
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:43 am

I think the Darnley match was a brilliant IDEA. The only thing that went wrong in it was Darnley, which she couldn't have controlled. But the marriage was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:46 am

LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:57 am

Please stop laughing at me. You swore that it wasn't going to get personal.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 am

I'm not laughing at you. I just think the explanation that darnley himself was the only problem with the Darnley marriage the most hysterically delightful thing I've ever head about the whole episode. I think we should have the very idea engraved in stone, or framed, or something, it's fabulously hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:03 am

I live quite near Darnley's birthplace. Perhaps we should make up some sort of special plaque explaining this theory and present it to them on behalf of thre Undead Royals... or at the very least suggest it goes in the next edition of their guide book.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 am

Your sarcasm is quite moving.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Woodville
Queen Consort
Elizabeth Woodville

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:04 pm

While I was out I saw a book titled Mary Queen of Scots and it was going to buy it until I realised I already have a dozen to read..
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 am

A dozen books, or a dozen on Marie Stuart?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:38 am

Apparently I had once a grand scheme to kidnap Mary, marry her, and become King of England. So there you go.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:01 am

Wow. I didn't know that one! Okay, on my insane Marie Stuart stories list that one ranks number 7.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:23 am

Apparently he also may have had a fling w/ Marguerite of Valois while travelling through France disguised as a Moorish slave.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 am

WOW! That man sure got around! What did he have for wealthy French Queens?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 am

He died at age 31, I think he was trying to cram as much life as possible in.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:09 am

I have recently discovered that I also considered going to England and proposing to Elizabeth! Felipe did not approve of that plan, though.
Back to top Go down
Edward Tudor
King Regnant
Edward Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 am

Ha! Well then Philip can get stuffed.

LOL!

Marguerite is a rather fabulous female so I do approve mightily of that, and think Juan and Elizabeth will have much fun dressing up as peasants and sneaking around Europe causing trouble... so long as someone suitable can be found to take care of England on a purely temporary basis.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 pm

I am sure Marie wuldst be most happy to keep an eye on England in Elizabeth'a absence .... oops, didst I say that out loud *grins*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 pm

*laughs*

I would hand the welfare of the realm over to thee my lord but only on condition that thine wife Marie Stuart accompanies me upon my trip and remains within my sight at all times! Otherwise the moment I set foot of the shores of England the kingdom would be over-run with Spaniards and French!

...no offence of course my dearest Juan, but I would not have England become the second Catholic "New Spain" within my lifetime. Not while there ist breath left within my body.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:03 pm

...I am in full fighting mood this day, young James ist driving me to rage. I am sure upon any other day I would be more guarded and diplomatic, however I would have my betrothed know my mind and see no reason to hold back.

I just refuse to let Philip bring his red cloaked devils into this land to torture my subjects in the name of the one God we all share. The Spanish Inquisition stays in Spain.
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 am

What have I done to you...?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:25 am

As far as I am concerned, Felipe ruins all my fun, and you have no need to worry about his cardinals on my behalf.
Back to top Go down
Francis

Francis

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:56 am

Elizabeth Tudor wrote:
I still think she'd have served better as Queen Consort (if only her firest hisband had lived).

Charming visiting ambassadors to court
Using her taste, learning, culture and beauty to enhance the court and make everyone want to visit.
Advising her husband, knowing that if the decision was bad it'd be his own fault for accepting it.
Producing wonderful works of embroidery which would be treasured heirlooms to her country.

She did do well with that raid, but it was largely down to whether the Protestant Scots could be bothered to fight or not. Which apparently they couldn't, LOL!

It seems she ignored all the good advice telling her not to go ahead with the darnley marriage. Showing how she was ruled by love and lust when she should have used her mind and put her realm first.

Her good relations with fellow rulers didn't quite cover her neighbour Elizabeth. Which I think is a failing in them both. They should have tried harder and told their advisors to get stuffed because I think they both wanted to get on. The religion issue and Marie's "good relations" with other Catholic rulers who wished Elizabeth dead got in the way. I think if they'd been able to meet and see each other regularly infront of their courtiers they would have ignored their advisors and formed a good partnership. Damn distance and interfering ministers.

Alas I feel that the main reason Marie had a good alliance with other rulers was down to her being Catholic, being female (therefore giving the false impression she'd let them push her around) and having a claim to Elizabeth's throne.

...Elizabeth's ability to not have England constantly under invasion or be killed by the Catholics is somewhat a miracle I think. A miracle that she had the ability to play games and keep enough people either on side or indecisive. But still totally astonishing as everything was against her on paper.

Her first Husband Is here
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:53 am

Ah, Francis, thou art a long time dead sir and full unexpected a sight upon my return to court.

However I greet thee cordially and offer thee good welcome.

*turns*

Juan dearest, how art thou my love? I fear I didst loose my way and am quite convinced that some vexing Catholic plot of thine brothers didst attempt to remove mine Kingdom to other location. However, I am here now and all ist well.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 am

Elizabeth, mia cara!
*drops to one knee*
I have languished in your absence!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:54 am

*rushes to Juan and takes him up in her arms*

Though knowest well enough I never wish thee to kneel before me, thou art to be soon mine love, mine equal if thou wilt still have me? How I hath missed thee. Canst thou ever forgive mine careless absence?

*sniffles a little and tries to blink away un-Queenly tears*

Let us never be parted as such again.

*Clings tightly and buries her face against his chest*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marie v Elizabeth   Marie v Elizabeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marie v Elizabeth
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next