Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Fanciful Sea Battle

Go down 
+6
Francis Walsingham
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Edward Tudor
Lord James of York
Juan de Austria
Elizabeth Tudor
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:55 am

Oh, ok
never mind marie
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 am

OTHER crazy bastard cousin...?!I HAVE COMPETITION!!!
*Metalic drone* competition must be destroyed!!!!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:42 am

Good lord, your Grace, two crazy bastard half-brothers? Pobrecita!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:10 am

Henry Fiztroy was not mad... and I merely have a slight ADD problem

But on a better note! I AM FREE FROM THE TOWER

Come to the Hapsburgs to find out why...!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:26 am

James, tis indeed a fine piece of writing and a pretty story, however the paths of my lord Dudley and myself are far from those in your story. I am now betrothed to Don Juan and Robyn ist married to Lady Knollys. But tis pretty nonetheless. Mayhps thou wudst seek the attentions of Master Shakespeare to further a writing career?

..now, if everyone would excuse us, my cousin Marie and I wish to seek each other's council.

Marie, I would always lend an ear to your thoughts as I hope you would to mine. Tis always best to discuss things with those whose wise council thou canst trust, if for no other reason than to destill the details and plans within thine own mind.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm

*takes Elizabeth's hand and bows over it*
Of course, my lady.
*strolls off to inspect the rigging, whistling*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:27 am

*Leans in to whisper to Elizabeth, which causes a lance of pain to shoot up my entire body*.

Rum, dearest cousin? *Discreetly wipes the top off on my gown and gestured the half-empty bottle towards you*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:04 am

Thank-you Marie.

*Elizabeth takes the bottle and swigs a little before similarly wiping it and handing it back.*

Now, what is it that you wish to speak of with me?
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:39 am

*Grabs it and takes a drink, fascinated that all that was needed to unite the feuding Queen's of the North was the hold of a ship, and a bottle of rum*.

Shall I be frank with you? You are placing me in an impossoble position by marrying Juan.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:51 am

How so cousin?

You and I are are of friendly neighbouring realms. You have connections with the French, I shall have connections with Spain. And perhaps we shall thus have a peaceful Europe with all considering their neighbours rather than waging war upon them.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:52 am

Besides, I am but restoring the good relationship betwixt England and Spain that existed afore my mother didst enchant mine father.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:58 am

You are either being deliberately obtuse, or are trying to see if I shall do the same. The French are enraged, they are asking me to repudiate Nicholas and marry my cousin, the Duc de guise. They are sending me money, and offering me troops. You had to know that if you married of Spanish stock, the French would draw closer to me and my country. As I said, this is impossible!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:12 am

The French may draw as close to thee as they wish. Tis thine choice alone if thou accept troops from them and to wage war against England on their behalf.

I make no threats by marriage, I make only alliances. And thou canst not deny me either foreign alliance nor husband in good conscience given thine own actions.

I shall marry whom I wish. How my cousin and her French allies react to this is their own decision. But doth sound like an open threat of war to me. The French will find no good reason for declaring war upon me, I hath broken no promises.

...and as for the Duc de Guise, I trust the idea is full ludicrous to thee. Tis not in thine nature to marry for politics and I hath done all within my power to make the path clear for thee and Sir Nicholas to wed. I didst believe this was a match of true happiness for both.

If however tis thine choice to cast him aside I shall take him back to my court and relations betwixt thee and I shall be neither cordial nor warlike. I consider any injury to my lord of Rhodes an injury to myself, but shall nurse the pain as one of but broken honour and broken heart.

I have found thee sensible and strong under his care. The decision is thine own but I advise thee not to give the French the chance to rule thee through a husband. Thou art strong and capable now of good rule and thine crown is thine own right. Remember that whatever thine choice.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 am

Thank my good cousin, I have no intentions of casting aside my husband. But ... you fail to grasp my dilemna. I do not deny you the chance to make alliances, but you cannot deny Catherine and I the same. And how can you expect both of us to sit idle while you marry a Spaniard, a move which seems almost deliberately calculated to destroy the peace we have both worked so hard for? I am now forced to either abandom my English cousin, or my French cousins.

More rum? *Hands you back the bottle*.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:24 am

I would have thee know in full confidence betwixt us that I would not consider any husband who would either take my throne or tie me to another nation.

Though Juan ist loyal to his father I see a spark within him of rebellion against his brother. Though our betrothal has the air of an allegiance with Spain, Philip will not be full pleased by our match in his own heart. This I know. I hath injured his ego too many times by rejecting his own hand. I am also empowering the half brother his troops worship over him.

However, the match makes neither threat of war nor binding alliance. I do continue as I hath always done to seek peace without the control of any other monarch.

Til now I hath done this by playing off one suitor against another and dallying with the attentions of both France and Spain. This game cannot continue indefinately. But both nations know me a woman of peace and sense. Any act of war will be made by them with no reason under God to support them.

Twud serve thee well cousin to think of thine realm as being truly independent. Though the French do support thee, Scotland ist not French unless thou make it so.

All that I can see needs to be done is to work further on peace and friendship betwixt the nations. Thine marriage to Sir Nicholas within England and with all our neighbouring nations represented will be a good start. I hope then to continue by inviting the same company to my own wedding. After all, we monarchs across Europe are already tied close by blood though we oft choose to forget it.
Back to top Go down
mysterym

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:46 pm

i care not for any crown. all i would care about is Elizabeth, i would demand no title whatsoever having that honour. would outshine any title

mysterym
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:06 pm

mysterym thou speaks as a true man of honor. I share thine sentiments.

I hath no need of a crown, tis enough to be wed to my soul mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 am

*Sees the sense in this*. Why of course dearest cousin, you are a PrincESS of impeccable sense and peace would be assured if we other Princes and PrincESSes had half of your wisdom and good sense.

Now, for more political matters, I consider not myself making Scotland French. Although I once held such a view, and would hold it again, I cannot as of now do such a thing. I merely mean to bind my self and good countrymen in an alliance which has ever served us well, furthers my religion and family and dost bode good for the scales of power.

And secondly, how do you propose to aid your pet rebels in the Low Countries while married to one who was sent to crush them by your second greatest enemy, Philip of Spain (the first being, of course, my self. While now I am attempting friendship, in the past I did ever balk at that same path)?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Queen Consort
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:01 am

*Catherine smugly rolls her eyes*
Back to top Go down
http://royals-reborn.heavenforum.com
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 am

And why is my Lady Parr rolling her eyes?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Queen Consort
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:17 am

Nothing. Just slightly funny hearing the Scottish Queen doing her job.
Back to top Go down
http://royals-reborn.heavenforum.com
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:25 am

Doing her job? And that would be ...?
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:30 am

Yelling at people!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:32 am

P.S.

POKE!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:40 am

*still whistling and chatting with sailors in broken English, glancing over his shoulder to see if the two queens have finished*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fanciful Sea Battle   A Fanciful Sea Battle - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Fanciful Sea Battle
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royals Reborn :: ROYALS REBORN RPG :: Kingdom Of England-
Jump to: