Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival in England

Go down 
+7
Dorothy Devereux
Anne Boleyn
Henry VIII
Christina of Milan
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Elizabeth Tudor
Juan de Austria
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:09 am

*with broad yet queenly and powerful smile of approval her majesty claps her hands and loudly demands la volta, a dance which few can match her in*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:19 am

*Juan bows to the queen most elegantly and does a galliard before lifting her effortlessly, smiling*
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:33 am

Dancing, your grace, is among my favorite pastimes!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:41 am

*Elizabeth laughs with delight*

Tis mine too my lord, that and galloping through the parklands upon a fine fast horse. Preferably of the sort deemed quite unfit for a woman to handle!

*in the more gentler steps Elizabeth doth take time to speak to Juan without the surrounding courtiers listening in.

You travel so widely my lord, where do you consider to be 'home' and what is it like there in comparison to England?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 am

It is my considered opinion that if one is going to ride at a slow pace, one may as well not ride at all!
*turns*
I was raised in Spain, near Madrid, with my foster family. It is there that is home to me, but I am quite fond of Italy as well.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 am

Alas I hath never visited either, though I hath learnt much of Spain's great history and find myself admiring whatever comes out of Italy. Tis such a decadent place and I am easily seduced by all things beautiful and luxurious.

I also find myself most taken with the music and poetry of both, not to mention the food. It saddens me I must learn all these things second hand or when the fashions are long out of date.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:02 pm

*smirks a bit at the word "seduced*
We must go there, then! My Imperial Father says he will grant us Naples if The Duchess of Lorraine regains for herself her rightful throne and of course we will need to visit.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:48 am

*Henry enters the room. He looks for Anne, hoping she hath returned from her mission at least long enough to meet thier daughters betrothed. Not wanting to interupt the dance he scopes out the buffet table while waiting for an oppurtunity to introduce himself to this Don Juan*
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 am

Husband, how good to see you again. Yes I have been much busy observing the goings-on at the Scottish court. Sire I beg of thee nibble only some raw veggies and fruit. Your blood pressure and cholesterol sire! What do you think of this Juan? Is he worthy of our daughter?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:38 am

Ah my dear Nan! *Henry takes her hands in his and leans forward to kiss her cheek*

Thou wilst have to tell me all that thou hath learned when time permits us privacy. As for this Juan I hath not yet been introduced.

*he inclines his head towards Don Juan and Elizabth where they continue to dance.* Our daughter doth seem taken with him so far.

*Henry reaches for a turkry leg, frowns, then with a great show of disgust, chooses to munch a piece of raw brocilli instead.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:49 am

*Elizabeth smiles and curtseys at the end of a most envigorating dance*

Wilt thou permt me my lord to introduce further of our guests here? My mother and father are just over there, though both are of strong mind. I can see they would have trouble intimidating you, so I think we are safe to approach them.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:50 am

That is right my lord husband. Dr Butts and wish thee to live to a ripe old age! Frankly husband I cannot see our Elizabeth settling down with anyone. Her fear of marriage is quite pathological. As for the Scottish slut, well she is probably propositioning Sir Richard in front of Sir Nicholas as we speak!
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:01 am

Indeed? *Henry smirks* you must tell me more ... ah but later ... I do think our daughter approaches with her Don Juan
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:16 am

Oh yes, *smiles pats hair and curtsies deeply* My lord an honor to meet you
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:28 am

*Henry inclines his head and bows slightly*

Tis a pleasure to meet you Sir. May I present my wife, Anne.

I hath known for father for many years, he is a most honorable man
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:10 am

*Dorothy eyes the buffet with trepidation, remembering well her mother's admonishments before she came to court. "Stand up straight, don't look your betters directly in the eye, never speak unless you're spoken to. And for God's sake don't eat too many sweets, Dory, you'll never be as pretty as your sister, so you have to keep your figure in check." But, Lettice and Penny weren't around now, were they? She pushes a piece of boiled celeriac to the side of her plate and pops a marzipan strawberry into her mouth. Middle child, indeed.*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 am

*spying Dorothy's sampling of the fine marchpane strawberries, Elizabeth encourages her to take more with a smile and a nod. Twil be nice to have another with such a sweet tooth at court*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:21 am

strawberrys are the best are they not *Nicholas smiles* I culdst make a whole meal off them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:28 am

*Elizabeth grins slyly and watches with interest, awaiting Sir Nicholas to sample his "favourite treat". The marchpane hath been styled so perfectly that they do indeed look like proper strawberries, he hath obviously not yet noticed... but he will*
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:36 am

*She stifles a laugh around the almondy confection, covering her mouth with one hand.* I'm sure I could as well!

*At Elizabeth's urging, she samples another one.* Though, they're an indulgence I'm not wont to indulge in very often at Wanstead...
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:37 am

*Nicholas doth sense Dorothy's discomfort. In an effort to soothe her he conciders ways to strike up a conversation and thus is not paying proper attention. He partakes of the Marchpane and his face doth take on a strange expression*

*slight cough* Not quite what I expected *grins*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:39 am

*Elizabeth's laughter of delight doth fair fill the room.*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:42 am

*Nicholas joins in her laughter* So glad to have amused you
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:50 am

*Dorothy laughs, too, half from Sir Nicholas' reaction and half from relief. It would be a lie to say she hadn't viewed coming to court with a good measure of trepidation after her mother's... er... abrupt exit, but thus far her fears lay unfounded. The food was good, the company better, and she was happy to be on her own from the beautiful, ambitious Letitia and pretty, golden-haired Penelope.*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:53 am

*Elizabeth curtsies afore Don Juan and leaves him to charm her parents. She makes her way over to Nicholas and Dorothy.*

I didst wnder when you would realise my lord. They are quite fine creations do you not think? I know your love of strawberries but I myself prefer the marchpane at present.

Lady Dorothy, do you dance? I am sure my lord of Rhodes - who ist too good a gentleman to leave a lady unattended at fine party - cudst dance a fine Galliard, Volta, Pavan, or Almain. Do you have a preferance? Dancing is an important part of my court you see, I do love to dance.

Mayhaps your step father hath taught you our famed "Leicester Dance". I do recall there wast one named after either thine father or brother though I can't remember which.

*Elizabeth laughs*

All i canst say is do not try The Gavotte with Sir Nicholas or Marie Stuart wilt have thine head and you wilt be most unpopular among the ladies of court. *Elizabeth winks*

When Don Juan hath finished conversing mayhaps he cudst teach us all The Canary. I hear it ist a most barbaric strongly dance indeed and I wudst learn it immediately!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival in England
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next