Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good new lady of my family at court

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Good new lady of my family at court Empty
PostSubject: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:01 am

I would take it upon myself to introduce young Dorothy Devereux to mine court. She is both the family of myself and my good friends and I would have her made welcome here.

Lady Devereaux, there are some here who would know thine brother the Earl of Essex, thine step father Robyn, Earl of Leicester.. and thine good grandmother Katherine Knollys is known and loved by us all.

If thou doth settle well at court and wishes it so, I may have a place for thee as one of my ladies of bedchamber. Thine grandmother... and mother... didst hold this position before thee so it ist almost an inheritance I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 am

*Dorothy curtsies, gracefully, though a subtle stiffening in her posture betrays her nervousness. Her Majesty's hesitation before mentioning Dorothy's mother, however brief, didn't go unnoticed.*

I thank you for announcing my arrival, Your Majesty. I can only hope to aspire to the position that my... grandmother held in your household.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:22 am

Hello! Any family of Elizabeth's is family of mine! Make yourself comfortable, we don't bite.

(except for Anne Boleyn, she actually does).
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:23 am

Good evening Lady Dorothy, I am Anne Boleyn, sister of your great-grandmother Mary Boleyn. We are pleased to make your aquaintance. Devereux is that a French name?
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:24 am

My my Marie, how did you get here so fast? Only seconds ago you were attempting to seduce Sir Richard in Scotland! You must be a witch!
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:28 am

Oh, I'm the witch? I don't see married men lining up to boink my brains out! And I wasn't seducing him, we were just chatting!
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:30 am

Chatting with your clothes off? Call it what you want then.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 am

*Bows deeply*

Tis a pleasure to make your aquaintance my Lady. Sir Nicholas of Rhodes, Marquis of Pembroke at your service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:32 am

Hello Sir Nicholas, you look even more unhappy than usual tonight
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:43 am

Good Evening Anne *bows* How nice of you to notice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:54 am

*She curtsies to Sir Nicholas*

And a pleasure to make yours, Sir Nicholas.

*Tactfully overlooking the exchange between Marie and Anne, she then turns her attention to her maternal great-grand-aunt, offering her a curtsy as well*

My family came by the name Devereux by my paternal ancestor Archbishop Robert of Normandy, the Count D'Evreux. I, myself, came by the name via my father Walter Devereux, the Earl of Essex. I was named Dorothy for my grandmother, Dorothy Hastings. On my mother's side, I am the great-granddaughter of your own Mary Boleyn, through the Lady Catherine.

*She offers the Queen Consort a shy smile and another curtsy, before turning her attention to Queen Marie and making her obeisances*

I am also pleased to make your acquaintance, Your Highness. I have heard much of you, though I did doubt I would have the opportunity to meet you in person.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:33 am

(OOC providing some of the relations that Dorothy has here)

Great Great Great Aunt - Elizabeth Woodville
Great Grandmother - Mary Boleyn
Great Great Aunt - Anne Boleyn
4th Cousin - Marie Stuart
1st Cousin twice removed - Elizabeth I
2nd Cousin twice removed - King Henry VIII
1st Cousin thrice removed - Elizabeth of York

and also your Great Grandmother Anne Stafford was mistress to Henry VIII
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh, dearest cousin, here we are. Thou looketh lovely! Where'd you get that gorgeous necklace?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good new lady of my family at court   Good new lady of my family at court I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good new lady of my family at court
Page 1 of 1