Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:28 am

*A gleeful Franco-Scottish Ambassador takes notes of all these proceedings. His mistress family is allied with Felipe of Spain, his mistress herself is friendly with the Empress and she is currently negotiation a marriage with the Infanta of Spain. He takes great pains to hide his smile*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:09 am

Yes, I agree- leave it to them to discuss. We have far more important matters. Like breakfast.
Once Their Majesties have calmed themselves, though, I plan to speak to my father about his promise of lands for me. I have an idea to request the Low Countries. What think you?
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:53 am

Charles V wrote:
None other than what you think and what you would have me do.. The truth.

She sighs, hanging her head.

- I think I let my emotions run a bit high back there.

Looking him in the eye;

- I'm sorry, Charles. But I do not know what you should do. Maybe I should start playing my part as wife rather than ruler. I would see myself far better suited.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:57 pm

*meanwhile Elizabeth and Juan make their way towards their own royal apartments where a sumptuous breakfast awaits. On the way, Elizabeth doth ask Juan's advice and thoughts on lands, for he is well travelled and knowledgable of his father's empire. Expanding into other territories ist not something she has a taste for and as such would wish that Juan chooses the territories which best suit his own aims and wishes. Her own wish is but that the peoples of whatever land he chooses can be responsibly governed at such a distance.*

*Lord Burghley (William Cecil, the Queen's chief advisor) attends them over breakfast, anxious to congratulate the Queen he sees almost as a daughter in the marriage he had long hoped to see her in. He advises the couple and agrees with the Queen that Isabella's distatste for the situation canst be well used. Though tis not yet wise to proceed in alerting the realm and wider Europe to the marriage without assistance from the Emperor, Cecil goes to make sure that whispers wilt be spread through the realm that Isabella looks unkindly on the planned match of England's Queen with her son Philip of Spain's half brother*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:59 pm

(OOC: apologies Isabella, but it is the Queen's way to attempt to forge peace and friendship with all... and when that does not come easily, to fast turn the situation to her best advantage)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:53 pm

(OOC: No! I'm really looking forward to this next storyline you have brewing, looks exciting)
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Isabella, slightly skeptical of Elizabeth's easy exit, assumes something isn't quite right. This what the legendary Queen of England she was talking about, who fought off Spain with an iron first. Surely she wouldn't just back down from something so insulting to her, and her state?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:35 am

My dear, I would ask you to in fact do the opposite- look on this manner with the heart of a ruler, not a wife. With it, we ally the lands of the Habsburgs with those of the Tudors. And we do not have to marry an Infante or Archduke to a Protestant! The heirs of England will be tied to those of Spain, Portugal, the Empire... our circle around France is strengthened, our allies more numerous!
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Isabella, her mind focused on England and it's Queen, isn't really interested in what Charles has to say.

- Yes, alright, I see.

She sighs half heartedly.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:58 pm

And yet, you are still troubled.
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

- Like I said, I don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Then we are at an impasse and I have no other choice but to concede.

(ooc- there is a post for you in the France section)
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:40 pm

- Concede to what, husband?

(OOC: Okay.)
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm

That you cannot, or will not, tell me what you are thinking.
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

- Women must have their secrets, husband, or we would not be so.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Oh, I suppose you are right.
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:20 pm

- Yes, now before we were so rudely interrupted...

Isabella stares at the door, and thinks back to the conversation previously taking place.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:40 am

Quite rude indeed. But- Valencia. What think you of dispatching Infanta Juana there, to see what she can do? She could meet with Duke Francisco Borgia when she arrives. Surely the two can work something out.
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:39 pm

- Perfecto!
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Isabella, with a slightly shift look upon her face, shuffles into the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 pm

*looks up, quizzicly*
Yes, my light?
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:17 am

- I hath something to tell you.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 am

*cocks an eyebrow*
Well then- sit, and tell!
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 am

Isabella chooses the furthest seat in the small, poky room and sits upon it - avoiding all eye contact.

- I hath taken it upon myself to sign a treaty with the Queen of Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 am

*gets up and moves closer to his wife*
Did you? Of what nature?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England   The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chambers of the Emperor at the Court of England
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next