Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 pm

*Elizabeth turns away to escape betraying weak emotions for she deplores such things*

I fear if she didst harm you my lord, not only would you be lost, but my sanity wudst go with you. Though I am a most careful woman my lord, in such circumstance I could no longer be held responsible for the revenge I wudst see fit to wreak upon her or her relam.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 pm

*his features soften*

Bess I could never harbor ill will towards you, espeacially when you seek to protect me. And if some manner of treachery did befall me I shuld hope you wuldst not seek such revenge at risk of your own safety or that of your realm. But I am the best to give such advize for if the circumstance were reversed I wuldst surely exact a horrid revenge on the party responsible.

*he falls into silence for a moment concidering*

Marie is always quick to anger, she is very sensitive. Is it possible something else in the conversation may have upset her and not the possible betrothal of this man? Other than her anger was there any other indication that she is intrested in persueing him? That she is unhappy with me?

I have never believed the rumors that circulate concerning her involvement in her late husband's demise. Nor do I want to believe she wuld ever do me such harm.

Please know that I am not questioning your character in this matter, you know I trust you above all else but I must be sure. I can not decide a proper action other wise.

Though what action I might take if assured of this betrayel .... *runs a hand through his long dark tresses*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 pm

...my mother didst question her upon it and I did see fit to remind her of her own betrothed. Alas she dost not see fit to respond at present.

'twas my immediate fear upon her departure that she may make quick arrangement against you. Therefore I saw fit to act upon my worries with haste.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm

I understand and am most grateful.

Though am I unsure how best to proceed. For now I think I shud return home with this useful knowledge and be safer by being warned. I wulds think any hastey action on my part wouldst not be wise.

I trust you with my life Bess, but I do love my wife and shud like to give her the benefit of the doubt.

You wilst let me know as soon you hear more? Then I shud decide what to do, with your help if you will give it?

You are much wiser with these matters, doth this seem a sensable course of action?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 am

Of course my lord. That seems best course of action in many respects, though I still fear greatly for your safety.

*Elizabeth blinks away tears, then raises her head with Kingly brevity, taking deep breath to calm and strengthen herself*

I believe it would put you in danger were Marie to realise you were missing, then find herself your sole protector once more. Therefore I advise thee make haste homeward to Scotland if it be your intent.

*Elizabeth nods her permission for her subject to take his leave*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 am

*Rises to leave, his desire is to embrace his friend once more before taking his leave, standing before him now she seems to have become Queen once more*

Yes that would be most wise, I will talk to you soon

*he crosses the room to the passage that will take him out of the cstle unseen. He pauses breifly at the entrance and turns back to her *

Thank you my friend.

*He pulls the heavy hood over his head once more and is gone*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 am

*watching the space where he stood but moments before, Bess whispers after him with fear for him overwhelming her heart and tears welling in her eyes*

Stay safe dearest Nicholas, be most careful.

*Elizabeth closes the door, moves to bid her ladies leave her now for the night, then falls to her knees and prays for the safe delivery of her dearest friend.*

*she is found upon the morning still dressed in her full gowns, kneeling at her bedside. Her royal head resting against the bedstead and a half whispered prayer upon her sleeping lips*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 am

*A dark, cloaked figure huddles within a small corridor not known too many. He wrapts lightly upon a panel that separtes himself from the private chambers of Queen Elizabeth, his most trusted friend.*

Bess *he tries to keep his voice in a loud whisper* Tis I, Please let me in.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 am

*the door is hurriedly unlocked and Bess doth throw her arms around the Marquis of Pembroke, so glad of his appearance*

Oh Nicholas! I didst fear thee dead, or harmed... possibly captured or having gone away from us forever! I didst fear I would never see or hear of thee again!

*Bess sobs in a most un-Queenly fashion and doth cling tight as though letting go would cause him to evaporate into thin air*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 am

*Nicholas enfolds her in his arms. He closes his eyes, relishing the closeness of her, and for those few brief moments his sorrow and worries do not exist*

I am fine mine dear friend, at least in body. Though I can not convey how much thine concern doth warm mine heart.

I have come to explain my part in this sorted tale and then I wish to ask what information your own spies might hath gathered *He heaves a great sigh* I scarely know how or where to begin.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:24 am

*Elizabeth wipes at her tears like a small child and sits down, taking a breath*

I know of thine brother's violent death and how long ago thou didst leave Scotland...

Marie ist doing well, she ist strong and full of sense. She wilt not leave Scotland but I believe she wilt ask for mine help early this time if tis needed, and wilt heed my warnings and advice.

We are moving James to the care of Margaret Douglas in our county of Yorkshire where I canst send guards to ensure his safety.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 am

*Nicholas issues a genuine smile of approval, though no small amount of weariness invades the gesture*

It is she who wished me to find thee and ask if thine spies might be able to shed some light these dark events. We know not who is responsible for this vicsious act or why it was carried out.

*Nicholas issues a small, sad chuckle* To be honest I think she also sent me hence to protect me ... or perhaps she culdst no longer look upon me and she needs time .... maybe both.

*Nicholas runs a shaky hand through his hair*

Richard .... he was found in a manner that wuldst incriminate me greatly. I know not if Marie truly believes my innocense.

*he pauses a moment and when he speaks again he is clearly heartbroken* you hath been in correspondence with her, doth she worry for me? Has she asked of me?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:27 am

*Elizabeth stares down the the floor, for once not knowing quite how to word her answer. She crosses the room to him, placing a comforting hand upon his arm*

Her correspondance hath been but the business of arranging the safety of her son and her wish to remain in Scotland so she hath not mentioned thee. Neither has she mentioned the incident which didst take place within her household that prompted my concern. Mayhaps she doth not wish to cause any trouble at the mention of it.

*Elizabeth looks at Nicholas with great concern*

Do not think that she cudst think thee guilty of the crime against thine brother. Surely she doth know thine temperament and how tis against thine nature to act so rashly. If you had wished to kill him you would have taken his life in anger shortly after his attack upon thine betrothed. I am certain of thine innocence and as she doth love thee, so too will she.

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:46 pm

*Nicholas nods, a slight frown playing across his face but his expression is one of understanding.*

*Nicholas looks away from her, concidering something a moment. When he again meets eyes with her his expression is both grave and pleading*

Marie had nothing to do with this. I ... I know how it may seem given her past. But she is innocent in this.

*He averts his eyes away from hers again, this time in shame* It warms mine heart to know thou wudlst believe mine innocense in this, thou always hath had faith in me, believed in me. But this time my dear Bess thine faith is missplaced. I am as much guilty of this crime as the true killer.

*As he makes the following confession he is consumed by guilt and shame. He is visibly shaking, his eyes filled with blood tears*

I didst not kill my brother ... but only because someone beat me to it. Make no mistake, I snuck into his chamber that night to murder him in his drunken sleep and I wudst have done it.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:53 am

*Elizabeth raises shaking hands to her face and draws back a little, full afeared of this side to Nicholas that she didst not expect. It triggors within her doubts of her safety and her beliefs in those around her, further evidence that none can be trusted.*

*A mere moment later she chides herself for her fears. No, not Nicholas, he wudst not. She places a still shaking hand upon his arm.*

You wudst not consider such without good cause...

*she feels tears welling in her eyes too and finds herself clinging firmly to him as she says determinedly to both convince herself and coerce a response*

...you would not, I know you would not.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:10 am

* Nicholas remains silent and watches her moments of doubt and fear. He notices her shaking hands and it hurts him deeply. At that moment his oldest and dearest friend was affraid of him. But he had expected that, he had expected worse. He deserved worse*

*But when Elizabeth shakes off her fear, Nicholas takes comfort in her touch and her faith*

I suppose we shall never know now *his shoulders rose and fell in a slight shrug*

I wuldst ask a great service of thee, and know that if you refuse me I shall understand heartily and take no offense.

I wish to take up residence once again in your court until which time Marie wuldst have me return home. I trust my old apartments are not in use.

I know what I have already asked is perhaps too much, but I wuldst ask more of thee. I know well thou has spies in my wife's realm. Perhaps they hath gathered some information concerning my Brother's death, if thee learns of anything ....

*Nicholas runs a weary hand through his hair* Until the killer is caught I fear for my wife and my unborn children ... until the responsible party are caught I fear I can not return to them.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:24 am

There ist always a place for thee here my lord, though I must think carefully upon how to regard thee afront the court. We must consider how best to assure the courtiers and foreign ambassadors that thou art regarded innocent by myself and that thou art not cast aside by Marie.

*Elizabeth sighs in frustration*

I canst do little without the whole of Europe using it to place judgement upon me and mine realm.

...of course you must stay here... but I need time to work this out...

*Elizabeth paces about the room*

...if I cudst hide thee someplace until I have made up my mind upon a course of action...

*Elizabeth stills for a moment with an indea forming*

...you wudst be sheltered here at court for thine safety and have been hidden here for few days until we do think it safe for thee to appear afront the court. Nothing will be said of thine few days of disappearance.

We wilt not say whether tis a decision made with her majesty of Scotland. We will await a decision from Marie. We are to protect thee from thine brother's killer as a loyal subject and friend of the Queen of England. James is to reside too in England and this will be enough to assure the ambassadors we are working with Marie, but naught must be said either way. Then there ist no pressure upon Marie to clear thine name and stand alone in Scotland against thine enemies. She may pretend thee cast from her court or sent here for proptection or other means depending on what serves her best each time she ist questioned.

That wilt do for now...

*Elizabeth pauses*

...that is if this plan doth please thee my lord? It doth suit my requirements and allows me to move in my own time to aid both thee and Marie. It wilt give us time and space.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:34 am

*Nicholas sighs in relief*

It suits me very well and is very generous of you. I care not about myself but I wuldst have no harm come to Marie, thineself, or either realm.

If it pleases thee I shall sequester mineself in mine old apartments until what time thou thinks my presence here shall be made known.

You mentioned James coming to England? Will he be here in thine court? It saddens me greatly that I hath caused my dearest Marie to send away her beloved son. But I wudlst greatly love to see him when it is advisable.

Again I must thank thee with all mine heart, for thine protection and thine friendship, always.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 pm

*A courier bearing the Stuart coat of arms knocks on the door of Elizabeth's privy chambers*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 am

*Elizabeth bids Sir Nicholas to hide and then crosses the room to attend the courier at the door.*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:58 am

*The courier strikes a low bow and speaks in a thick but educated Scottish accent*.

I have brought, from my mistress, a purse of gold and and a jewel meant for the hands of her husband.

*From his pocket the courier brings forth a beautiful heart-shaped broach made of a large solid piece of pink diamond with a crowned and intertwined "MN" carved in. It is brilliant workmanship and must have cost a fortune*.

And for you, your majesty *The courier bows again* she send her kindest regards, but asks why you do not answer her latest letter.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:34 am

*Nicholas recognizes the Stuart Coat of arms the courier bear and steps out of hiding*

You bring word from my wife? *Nicholas asks hopefully, his face already shineing with joy*

How does she fair? Is she well?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 am

I think it unwise for a commoner to hold a Queen under question of her own motives, but shall dismiss the matter this once as though the question were not spoken.

You may attend my lord of Pembroke's questions afore leaving my chambers with the very warmest regards for your mistress.

*Elizabeth leaves them to their discussion*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:09 am

*Nicholas accepts the items from the courier. The purse he absently shoves in a pocket but the broach he admires for a moment. He traces the carved "MN" with his finger as he smiles fondly.*

Elizabeth I wuldst not see you inconveinanced in your own chambers, I need only a moment.

*He takes a folded piece of parchement out of his breast pocket and appraoches a desk in the chamber. He procures a quill and quickly adds a few lines of text to the words already scawled across the parchment. This task complete he seals the missive and hands it to the courier.*

Return this to her Majesty Queen Marie immeadeatly.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 pm

*The courier nods at Sir Nicholas and gives Elizabeth a “What’s her problem” look, before quickly exiting*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth... admittance only by her Majesty's Wish
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next