Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Marriage Game

Go down 
+7
Christina of Milan
Anne of Cleves
Catherine Parr
Elizabeth Woodville
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marie Stuart
Elizabeth Tudor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

The Marriage Game - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 am

*pats Dorothy on the hand*
Now, now, my dear, you must not be nervous.
How do you feel about Poland?
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:28 am

Oh, dearest cousin Dorothy. Fear not, Charles may rule half of the World, he may be a brilliant General and the scourge of Protestants, his wife may be intelligent, lovely and resourceful, but you shall not find a man more chivalrous and kind towards our feeble sex!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 am

Yes, thank-you Marie. I understand thine good aim ist to comfort young Dorothy but with that statement I shall be full mpressed if the poor girl doth not keel over!

*Elizabeth stands and walks in the direction of the discussion, allowing an elegant hand of reassurance to gently touch Dorothy's shoulder.*

Methinks you two know full well our royal support, intent and wishes. We shalt leave you to your discussions.

*bends to whisper to Dorothy, but in a way that Charles wilt also hear*

I am near if you need me, thou art friend and family, I wilt see thee well. Good Charles ist a most kind gentleman, treat him respectfully and with honesty and and thou shalt find him good protector indeed.

*Elizabeth leaves them and walks across to Marie*

Come Marie, let us walk together in the direction of the cocktail cabinet, I wudst have thine fine council cousin.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:39 am

At all times, cousin! Anything that thee wishes to discuss with me, I shall give mine best opinion on. But mine best may barely approach the eloquence and intelligence of thine worst!
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 am

*She nods her assent to Elizabeth, with a grateful nod also to Marie, before turning her attention to the Emperor*

I... can't say I've ever been, Your Majesty. My step-father sent me to be a ward of the Queen's Cofferer, Master Henry Cock, when I was quite young.

*Mentally adding "...who sent me to be a ward at the Manor at Broxbourne, who sent me to be a ward of someone else, who sent me to..."*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 am

What thinkest thou of mine betrothed thus far Marie, and are we two well suited? I would have honest opinion and have thee hold no punches.

*Elizabeth passes her a glass of fine rum and takes a sip from one she hath also just poured for herself*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:47 am

*smiles in thanks at the Queens*
Ah Marie does flatter an old man so.
Do you like to travel?
Prefer cooler climes or warmer ones?
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:53 am

*Marie handles the glass and takes a small sip, remembering Aunt Nan's words on drinking*.

I think him your equal in looks, but quite beneath you in intelligence. I think him ... an upstart. He is a bastard, his mother was ... *Marie remembering Elizabeth own lineage, closes her mouth and changes the subject*. He is a military man, and will be away often. In this you may in the end resemble your unfort ... *Marie remembers Elizabeth's hatred of her sister and bites her tongue* your late sister, pining over a Spanish suitor who takes his time coming back to you.

And if you were worried that I would be the center of every Catholic plot around you, you've introduced a cuckoo into your nest. He is going to be a focus for every discontented Catholic in your country.

... however, his presence will doubtless insure the love of your Catholic subjects, keep the Spanish in your good graces and bring you all of the Hapsburg influence. However, it will naturally push the French away. Between thine treatment of me, and the taking of a Spanish husband you will alienate them entirely. And, thou I dost not mean to injure your rightful pride, the last time the English and Spanish teamed up to defeat the French and Scotch they lost Calais.

Ultimately, 'tis your decision and you would choose much better than I. But that is my sight of the matter.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:10 am

I have a few excellent viceroys of my territories in the New World who might suit as well!
Luis de Velasco
Gaspar de Zúñiga[url][/url][url][/url]
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:13 am

I thank thee Marie. I admit I hath forseen these issues, but the man himself hath quite distracted me from them. I shall focus my mind more carefully.

I do not know if I would wish a man quite mine equal in intelligence! *laughs* I would think such a man far too troublesome!

However, he ist wise enough to know how to court me thus far, and a wise mariner and soldier which is something Kings do seem to have which I myself am lacking in. It would suit me well to have a husband who would control the seas and protect my realm from outside threat while I take care of the inner workings. I already rely much upon Drake and Raleigh and their piratical ways of weakening mine enemies where tis needed most. Their way is but a brave game, to Juan it is his very life blood.

As for the matter of religion and insighting troubles with the French I must think carefully. I woild also soon have him know that I have full intention of keeping my throne, protecting my religion within my own country. I care little for trifles such as Calais, twas but a jewel in the crown for men to boast of. My interest is in my own subjects and serving them well. I wudst have Juan do as he wish for the Hapsburg empire but wish truly nothng for England but peace with it's neighbours and one day for it to be united with Scotland.

...as for myself... I know not if I am weak enough to pine for a husband abroad. I hath already experianced love lost, whereas Mary was quite rediculous with her unrequited passions for Juan's half brother.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 am

*Whispers to Charles confidentially, but not unkindly*

Those are such high-born suitors, for such a ... low-born woman. Art thou sure?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 am

*looks at Marie, raises an eyebrow*
*whispers*
Of course.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:24 am

I know it is Juan's life's blood dearest cousin, 'tis why I think the seas may well take a larger share of his love and time than thee. And what will your subjects think of you marrying a Spanish Hapsburg after your goo ... *Marie bites her tongue again* your late sister did the same thing. 'Twoud seem a flagrant breach of their will, and while thee is not bound by the will of the mob thou seem to care much for their opinion of thee. I must say though, that imprisoning the French-raised Queen of Scotland and then marrying a Spaniard, all the while claiming pretensions to the throne of France whilst my claim is much better to the throne of England doth seem particularly unwise of thee.

On top of all of this, there is another problem which I hath forgotten. How canst thou fund rebellions in the Low Countries while marrying the half-brother of the man who wishes, quite rightly, to govern them? Thou must either banish the wishes of thine co-religionists or thine own husband.

But once again, the business of your matrimonial affairs is none of mine concern. *This is said with a tone of venom and is an obvious dig at Elizabeth's own heavy-handedness in mine matrimonial affairs. But otherwise the entire exchange was kind and loving*.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:28 am

In faith, Your Majesty, I would not wish to do a disservice to my Queen by leaving her service so soon... I would prefer to remain in a clime nearer to mine own, for I do recall that passage to the New World is both long and perilous.

(OOC The irony is that even though she was comparatively low-born at the time, her descendants include Winston Churchill, Diana Spencer, and, by extension, Princes William and Harry, heh.)
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:39 am

(OOC - see, Howard blood will reign supreme over England no matter what, LOL! I do almost hope Henry doth turn in his grave at the thought! ...though if we think carefully upon his mistresses he could well possibly also be ancestor to it all)
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 am

Very well my dear, I shall limit myself to Dutchmen, Italians, and Germans.

(ooc- I would say everyone is related to me, or my brother, or his son- both of whom had +10 kids each!)
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 am

And you must meet my most beloved wife, I would take her counsel on this as I do on all things.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 pm

*Marie looks at the Emperor, and raises her eyebrow, but says nothing*.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 am

I believe Her Excellency and I have spoken, albeit briefly, but only within the confines of the baquet celebrating Don Juan's arrival as we haven't yet been formally introduced.

(OOC- Lol, Henry scattered illegitimate children like a sprinkler, it seems. Besides, knowing the way many royal marriages are set up, it's entirely possible that three quarters of the monarchy of Europe are distant relatives of William and Harry.)
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 am

Dorothy, I am very delighted to meet you.

*Smiles warmly before taking Charles's arm*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:07 am

My goal of course would be to find you a husband who would match you as well as Isabella matches me. And for that I would need her advice.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:19 am

Again, I give you my thanks, Your Grace. *Bobbing a curtsy to Charles*

And the pleasure is all mine, Your Excellency. *Giving a quarter-turn to curtsy to Isabella, as well*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:24 am

*a document is passed into the Queen's hands, she doth quick look upon it, smiles and bid it be taken across to the Emperor Charles. It doth list the pedigree of young Dorothy, detailing among it the following relationships with nobility of England and Scotland*

Quote :
Good daughter and sister to the Earls of Essex
Fourth cousin to Marie of Scotland and our unfortunate Lady Jane Grey, short lived Queen of this realm.
First cousin twice removed to Elizabeth Queen of England, Ireland, etc.
First cousin thrice removed from King Edward IV of England
Her Great(x3) Aunt is Queen Elizabeth Woodville, famed as the most beautiful woman ever to grace these isles
Second cousin twice removed from good King Henry VIII

*the document also lists the good maches made of her family and the circles in which they do move, ensuring great matches that will no doubt lead to the thrones of England and Scotland*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:57 pm

*reads, smiles, hands it to Isabella*
Very good, very good.
I shall send a clerk to the department of Relations and Nobles and see who I may find!
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:05 am

*Isabella takes the document and ponders as she reads*

Hmm that is quite impressive, I am certain we will be able to find a most noble and gallant match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marriage Game
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next