Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Marriage Game

Go down 
+7
Christina of Milan
Anne of Cleves
Catherine Parr
Elizabeth Woodville
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marie Stuart
Elizabeth Tudor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

The Marriage Game - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 am

Ferdinand must be quite lusty then! I like that in a man!
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:53 am

And often in the same place as his lovely wife!
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:36 am

*laughs lightly*

Ferdinand it is then!
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Of course he would not be able to come to you, lady Anne.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Queen Consort
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:39 pm

This is very exciting! Christina and Elizabeth, if it suits you both, we could have a very nice house party for our male visitors at one of my homes...Elizabeth, I know you like Richmond.

(To herself: And afterwards, I may look further into this singles cruise Anne speak of...)
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:51 pm

So I would go to? Spain? Is he good-looking? Does he favor your Mother or Father?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Ferdinand handles much of the running of the Holy Roman Emperor for me. As such he can be found often in Germany and Austria.

I shall send to the Department of Portraiture for his picture, then you may judge for yourself as to which of our parents he favors.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 am

My brother:
The Marriage Game - Page 9 Hans_Bocksberger_der_Aeltere_001
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:30 am

Well he has nice legs, but the wearing of fur makes me sad!
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:54 am

The palace has been in our family for generations and is drafty.
Also, while my family's chin gets much attention I think it is most unfair the the Hapsburg legs are ignored.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:10 am

I have received a letter from Don Juan, and he and Ferdinand will be setting out very shortly, just as soon as the weather turns!
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 am

Yippee! I shall begin designing my wedding costume without delay. I must corner the market on cloth of silver and white damask!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 am

*Elizabeth faints clear away*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:26 am

Madame, daughter, I have received word from Felipe that Juan's ship set sail yesterday and he should be arriving upon your shores in just a few days!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:28 am

*her Majesty can hardly contain her excitement*

What wonderful news indeed! We could do with some happiness at court.

There ist much to be arranged for his visit!

...what doth he eat? Shudst I be consulting the house of the Italian or Spanish ambassador?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:01 pm

What doth he eat? You grace, he is a young man, and I fear you will find the answer to that to be "anything," or perhaps "everything."
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:04 pm

He does like to dance, though. I would be sure thy musicians know galliards, as even the guns of the Turk cannot stop the boy from dancing them.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 am

I understand there is a new lady at court!
If she would kindly tell me about herself I will endevour to find her a match!
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:49 am

Myself, Your Grace?

*Somewhat surprised, she searches a bit for the right words to say. What is there to tell besides a string of unhappy relationships, familial and otherwise, entirely trumped by her brother's death? Descended from the old House Devereux and ancient princes of Wales through an equally willful father she barely remembered, and from the Boleyn family through her famously beautiful, indifferent, ungovernable mother, their two lines converged to leave her, nonetheless, with nothing to recommend her but beauty and birthright. Of course, the self-styled Countess Lettice's banishment from court probably hadn't helped matters...
Easiest to start at the beginning, one would guess, and get into the open what might prevent another unhappy union like her second marriage.*

I am the cousin-thrice-removed to the Queen Elizabeth, being a relation of hers through my mother, the dowager Countess Lettice Knollys. My father was the 1st Earl of Essex, Walter Devereux, though you may know my stepfather the Earl of Leicester. I don't recall my father well, though I've heard it said that I've inherited some of his... temperament. *With a slightly wry smile*

I... have been married before, Excellency, though I admit it was willful exuberance alone that resulted in my first marriage. Fortunately the Queen saw fit to provide me with Lord Henry Percy... though, unfortunately, we proved simply too dissimilar to continue as man and wife.

*She bobbed a curtsy and smiled, again, without irony. "Dissimilar" was likely an understatement. She and Henry had been the same age, yes, but it was hard to be any more different than the detached, academic, Catholic-sympathizing Henry and the recalcitrant, passionate, Protestant Dorothy. Then there was the small matter of Arbella Stuart...*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 am

*Elizabeth doth flinch at the mention of Lettice and pales so considerably at the mention of Sweet Robyn that she doth almost faint clear away. She grips hold of the edge of her throne and fans herself gently to revive herself. She ist fond of the young Devereaux girl already and would take care of her*

*after bidding good servant bring her a glass of some fine drink she would give good encouragement to his Imperial Majesty*

My lord, young Dorothy ist soon to become one her Queen's most highest regarded ladies when she doth join my service after settling herself well at court. She is of my own blood and as full spirited as any Howard woman... though not as wild of course. Her mother didst see fit to train her to take a step back from the other ladies of the family, and her Queen would teach her how to step forward in all the right ways.

She would make fine wife indeed for any man who wanted a full spirited and fast thinking equal who could hold her own and protect his good interests and advancement. She hath the ear and love of the Queen of England and I would have her well matched. By that I do not ask for grand titles my lord as the lady shall earn her own if she wishes. But I would have her in good happy marriage with a man who canst match her mind and soul.

Tis tall order indeed my lord, finding a meeting of the minds istead of a meeting of the titles...though I know you have talent for this marital business and think you more than equal to the task. This lady is wise enough to give good council and full support as thine excellent wife hath done for thee. Twud be full shame to have such rare female talent wasted, think ye not?
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:32 am

*She blushes at Elizabeth's words, though, noting her sovereign's reaction, she's happy she didn't venture any further comment on Leicester. Dorothy might be headstrong, but she isn't oblivious, and it's apparent that he's an uncomfortable subject for the both of them.*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 am

It would indeed be a waste! We Hapsburgs fully value female talent, especially as Regents of the Netherlands. Which gives me a most interesting idea! I do believe my daughter Margaret of Parma has a son who may suit. I shall send to the Department of Relations to find out.
How feel you about Catholics, my dear? Should those of the true holy faith not suit I have many Lutheran lords under my domain as well.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:54 am

In truth, Your Grace, my mother was from a Puritan family, and my former husband's Catholic sympathies were an occasional point of contention... I shall strive to be content with what is made mine, but truthfully a husband that shares my faith could find himself no more devoted mate.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:00 am

A Puritan, eh? I will never understand those people, and am glad in my first life I died before they became an issue.
Right, German Lutherans it is.
Have you a preference? Dukes, margraves, electors?
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:06 am

After my second marriage, I was styled the Countess of Northumberland... However, as the Queen has wisely made mention, I do not seek any grand titles, Excellency.

*She blushes, again, and is unsure why. Particularly in the matter of matrimony, she's never been afraid to speak her mind. Then again, she's never had to do it to an Emperor.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marriage Game
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next