Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Marriage Game

Go down 
+7
Christina of Milan
Anne of Cleves
Catherine Parr
Elizabeth Woodville
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marie Stuart
Elizabeth Tudor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Christina of Milan
Duchess
Christina of Milan

The Marriage Game - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 am

I believe the Earl will quite enjoy Denmark! I am so very excited!
*blushes*
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:14 am

Lady Anne *bows*
Would you wish me to consult with the Department of Relatives and see who I can find for you? I seem to have become matchmaker-in-chief.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:18 am

Dear Aunt of Cleeves, why didst thou not say so sooner?! My court is full of fine husbands who I insist do not allow wives at court and are given lands far off to house their families in. Wudst one or many of those do?!

'tis a pity we had John Dudley executed really. I find those Dudleys most fun and they are good at cards, parties and the drinking of ale.

Hast thou any suggestions for mine lovely aunt your Imperial Majesty? Alas she ist much like myself and hath not yet been graced with good husband. I fund her most fun and she ist the most buxom lady of our court... which I hear tell men doth like, though my father liked it not.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:50 am

To Anne of Cleves:
I recommend unto you any of Ferdinand's boys. Particularly his son Ferdinand the Younger. Who has made a most inappropriate marriage and would be much better suited.
Sigismund August of Poland.
Adolf, duke of Holstein-Gottorp, a relation of my niece Christina's father.
Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy has a silly name but would like to be on my good side.
My own son, Phillip II.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Queen Consort
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:52 am

The Department of Relatives? How fascinating. That sounds rather nice, although I must warn that I am disinclined to any sort of marriage arrangement, as I value my standing and allowances too greatly. I need someone who will not cause the King to feel...uneasy and who is comfortable with a casual sort of acquaintance.

Dear Elizabeth, I think I should feel terribly guilty to carouse with a married man...the influence of Cleves doth linger persistently.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 am

Further:
Johann Friedrich, Duke of Pomerania
John George, the Elector of Brandenberg
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 am

In fact, if any German duke strikes your fancy, merely let me know. I do carry some influence in that part of the world and am quite enjoying this matchmaking business.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Queen Consort
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 am

Pomerania and Brandenburg sound pleasant...do you have pictures?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:05 am

The great "Ironhead" wast once fine suitor to my good self I remember.

I found I quite liked the name Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy, it sounds most... English. Tis most fine in it's Italian version too. I find most things better in Italian.

"Alex Littletub" hath not the same air about it as "Alesandro Botticelli" for instance.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Queen Consort
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:08 am

Emmanuel Philibert looks pleasant, but his wife is most well-connected. That could be trouble.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:10 am

Give me a moment, good lady.
*sends clerk to the Department of Portraiture*
The Marriage Game - Page 8 1542_Johann_Friedrich

That is Johann Frederich.

The Marriage Game - Page 8 John_george%2C_elector_of_brandenburg
And this is the elector.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:10 am

And that, my daughter to be, is why I speak Italian to women.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:14 am

Bonne nuit Charles and friends!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 am

*smiles*

Your Majesty, thou art truly wise indeed.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 am

Good night maman.

Though I do greatly enjoy your wise council my lord and am finding this matchmaking most diverting I too shudst take to mine bed. I have most weighty business to partake in on the morrow, the the following day I do begin upon my short progress. Therefore, alas, this lady doth need her sleep.

Your Imperial Highness, dear Aunt Anne, I wudst take my leave of you. I bid thee a good evening and hope to see thee upon mine return if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Queen Consort
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:24 am

The elector looks very gruff; that beard reminds me somehow of my husband. Johann Friedrich, however, looks potentially quite agreeable. How is his disposition?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:44 pm

The Duke of Pomerania is quite Lutheran, but in good service to the empire. I must confess I've never met the fellow.
Back to top Go down
Christina of Milan
Duchess
Christina of Milan

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:24 am

Elizabeth, I cannot wait for us to become family! Don Juan writes he is most eager to make your acquaintance in person- and as for me, I cannot wait to meet mine own Wizard Earl!
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Queen Consort
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 am

I am not too picky about matters of religion; besides, I was raised Lutheran, so it is not strange to me. If Johann Frederich liketh good ale, nice parties, and friendly conversation in German, then we might arrange for him to visit England some time soon.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:02 am

Other Anne thou art so fabulously wealthy, thou art one of the wealthiest women in all of England, why dost thou not go on a singles cruise. I hear the Mary Boleyn makes the channel crossing with all you can drink for one low price! Many eligible French and English bachelors avail themselves of this cruise to meet comly single women such as yourself.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 am

I am quite sure he likes all those things, as he is German of course!
I shall send word to good Duke Johann to meet Don Juan in Bilbao to sail to these fair shores.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:45 am

*brushes off hands*
There is Elizabeth, Anne, and Christina well settled. And Marie's son. Who's next?
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen Consort
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 am

I wonder thou wouldst choose for moi your majesty? I am not an easy lady to match! I will be a quite a challenge for your matchmaking skills!
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:38 am

You would be indeed!
Let's see... the man for Lady Anne must be intelligent, confident, with great personality, and above all- rich.
It is a tricky one.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 am

My younger brother Ferdinand is currently without a wife...and already has 15 children, so you would not be pressured to produce and heir.

*to self: my answer yesterday would have been different*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage Game   The Marriage Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marriage Game
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next