Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth

Go down 
+2
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Elizabeth Tudor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:21 am

While we are here, my love, I feel you should attempt to put aside matters of state for a few days- or a few hours a day, if that is all you can manage- for even a queen deserves a honeymoon.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:54 pm

*The Franco-Scottish Ambassador rides up at a gallant speed, not foisting himself upon the couple, but clearly waiting for either permission or refusal*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:53 am

I should find it most difficult my lord to abandon my duties, but could mayhaps limit them to a certain time of each day when I canst recieve news, visitors and attend to any matters which require my attention. Wudst that suit thee?

*Elizabeth briefly looks upon the ambassador.*

As I have not yet made my whereabouts known I am full suspicious of the presance of my cousin's ambassador. But knowing Marie, she doth not call upon me unless it is of vital importance. What say you my lord? Shud he be asked to wait at the palace for me, or otherwise state his business here and now?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:03 am

*glances at the ambassador dismissively*
I say, let him have his moment now, that we may have peace when we arrive.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:08 am

*Elizabeth aligns her two horses so that she ist alongside her husband and calls out to the ambassador*

You may approach my lord ambassador.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:14 am

*The Ambassador approaches slowly*. Her Most Christian Majesty wishes to inform you that she has concluded a treaty betwixt France, Scotland, Austria and Spain. One of the foremost clauses of this treaty is the marriage of Prince James to the Infanta Ysabel Clara Eugenia of Spain. She wishes to inform you both as a cousin to herself, and as the Queen of England. *The ambassador bows and prays that the Queen of England's famous wrath will not descend upon his head*.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:31 am

*Elizabeth pauses for a moment, turning her horse around and walking it a short distance away so that she may think. Shortly after she returns with a smile*

Please give your mistress the Queen of England's hearty congratulations on creating further peace betwixt our lands and the continent. ...and please ask her to confirm that if we are not blessed with child that her son James and his bride wilt choose to rule from this side of the sea.

...afore you go my lord, may we ask how you didst chance upon us here with this news?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:34 am

*Juan looks rather poleaxed by the news of his niece's marriage to the Protestant king*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:37 am

*Elizabeth offers her husband a comforting smile, hoping that he will understand her need for diplomacy and that he may discuss the matter with her when they are out of earshot once again*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:40 am

(OOC: The way I'm playing it, Marie is 27, so James is only four. Not set in his religious ways yet.)

*Thanks God for small wonders*. I shall attempt to guarantee such a thing. Pray do tell me, is this a suggestion for your favour, or an order for the honour of bestowing your Crown?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:50 am

Please give my congratulations to the Queen of Scots, and my wishes of happiness to my niece.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:58 am

*Elizabeth smiles her approval and thankfullness at her husband afore addressing the ambassador at length*

I would not expect thee to guarantee it my lord, I shall await news from the Queen herself.

...the matter of being ruled from this land is one of ancient English law, and the treaty signed betwixt myself and your Queen didst state clearly that England would only pass to her family if it was to be governed from this land itself. Visits abroad are no matter, times spent close to England while in Scotland wilt be no matter if our lands are combined.

But England wilt not be ruled from across the water like some petty prize in a game of Empires.

If your Queen wishes, I would meet with her to discuss such matters and what canst be done to ensure the security and safe keeping of our realms. I know well the English laws and may be able to find some common ground within the treaty we hath already made that may suit her. We would be pleased to have the attendance of their Imperial Majesties as to the possible future of the Infanta if her Majesty of Scotland doth wish it

..at present my lord I would have thee give our apologies that the meeting canst not be held immediately as we are on our honeymoon and I would like to be able to give Her Majesty my undivided attention on this.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:01 am

*The Ambassador nods at Juan*. I shall relay your wishes, Sir.

My mistress eagerly awaits your missive arranging a time and a place of meeting. I shall leave your highness to her honeymoon.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:04 am

We thank you my lord. If Her Majesty doth not require your immediate attendance thou art welcome to take rest and refreshment here at my... our Palace of Richmond.

*Elizabeth smiles, offering the ambassador the royal hand so that he may kiss the ring of England. This conveys Her Majesty's high regards and friendship afore dismissal from her company*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:11 am

*The Ambassador leans to kiss her ring, offering a smile before bowing away*.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:20 am

*turning to Juan when the ambassador hath rode away*

How doth the news find thee my lord? Art thou greatly displeased?

I find it oft best in matters such as these to show my hearty approval and make best of the situation. It doth prevent the onset of wars... though I suppose that since warring ist quite thine speciality, thou may look upon it differently.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:12 am

Oh, no, not displeased at all. Isabel is a charming girl and I was close to her mother. I am merely surprised. Felipe is very Catholic, after all- I don't know how he was persuaded to send his daughter to somewhere as protestant as Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:33 am

We canst but hope this arrangement wilt have us treated more kindly by the Empress. After all, it ties her bloodline to an heir to the throne of England... unless we see fit to alter our line of succession. It would not do now to anger us, would it husband?

But let us forget all this. Would thou wish to explore the palace and choose suitable chambers for thine own uses my lord? We canst send the household into a frendsy by arriving un-announced and newly wed.

*Elizabeth giggles*

...and then dispatch a rider to inform my lord Cecil of our whereabouts and that we are on our honeymoon. If thou wudst choose a time that suits thee for us to attend to princely duites my lord?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:41 am

Then our time is our own and the Palace ist well suited to hunting, fishing, dancing and whatever merriments we canst conjure up.

*Elizabeth sighs*

Tis far too long since I have had the weight of power lifted from my shoulders a little. I love to gallop freely across the fields, feel the splash of the waves upon my face, dance til I canst scarcely stand and loose myself in the playing of music and the writing of poetry. For then I feel truly alive and truly myself.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:04 am

Yes, I suppose we must notify your government we are here. 'Else they may think the wicked Spaniard has kidnapped you! And then we can attend to your princely duties before attending to our princely duties. 'Though I've never been a prince before. Hearing myself addressed as such is a bit odd as yet.

Father will probably be thrilled by the wedding. He does love a good foreign marriage, and is probably already planning to whom he will marry my niece's children.

Last edited by Juan de Austria on Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:09 am

I'll even let you read poetry to me. Although my English is yet weak, so perhaps in Latin?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:48 am

Are there lakes at your palace? Perhaps you can read me poetry upon a rowboat.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:28 am

Art thou challenging me to write poetry in latin my lord? Twud be quite a joy to try... or even to translate mine own works. I do so love to translate literature. I am however not as good as Masters Raleigh and Shakespeare at verse and wud be quite embarrassed to
introduce thee to poetry via mine own meagre works.

...and we hath little need for a lake here my lord, for we hath the Thames! *smiles* Much more fun to navigate than a lake of still water, and most excellent for the holding of water pageantry which I do so love.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:30 am

Well, how am I to concentrate on your poetry if I am navigating our barge? A rowboat is much more suited to that activity!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:44 am

A nice lake, with shady coves, perhaps islands...perfect for princely business!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next