Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth

Go down 
+2
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Elizabeth Tudor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:05 am

I do love a good breakfast!
(ooc-moving this party back over here, now)
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:25 am

In between bites of breakfast, Juan discusses the relative merits of Milan, Naples, and the Low Countries, in a way which suggests "thinking out loud."
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:11 am

*to his wife*
So, when should we announce our marriage to your people?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:32 am

*Elizabeth doth but take small bites from her food and pushes the rest of it about the plate as is her way. This morning she is more distracted than ever. Juan's musings over foreign lands make her quite envious of his travels as she imagines all these strange realms across the sea. Her little daydreams are broken with his question and she comes back down to earth with a bump.*

I suppose we should wait until further instruction from thine father. In the meantime, Lord Cecil wilt make sure that they are full prepared for the news...

*Elizabeth takes his hand for a moment, smiling*

...and with rumours spreading of what the Empress doth think of our match, we may indeed see the people of England take to thee sooner than imagined.

Now my lord, mine ministers are all now well aware that England hath a Prince Consort and so we may begin to forge thine place at court. How wudst thou begin? Wudst thou wish to plan our official wedding celebrations?, Re-arrange some area of the palace to suit thine wishes? Begin decisions on how we shalt balance our religious differences in one royal chapel? Choose some courtiers for thine times of amusement such as hunting parties? ...or perhaps attend to inspecting England's fleet and planning the building of thine fine new ship? Or maybe thou hast other ideas?

The sooner thine presance ist felt in the work of the realm or the arrangements of the court, the sooner this wilt become thine home and the courtiers used to thine new role.

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Wed May 12, 2010 4:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:40 am

...so as to avoid the mistakes made in mine sister's reign, I would prefer that all official documentation remain in English rather than the latin or spanish thine brother demanded. We shalt assist thee with this, as shall our councillors.

I think it would be best to avoid anything thine brother would attend to at this time. I would have the court and realm see thee as thine own person afore any comparisons canst be made. Other than that my lord, I give thee free hand.

..thou might see Lord Seymour as a suitable gentleman to attend upon thee? I am sure he would be pleased to further his aquaintance and there ist much the two of thee have in common. However I would warn thee to steer him clear from certain positions of power. Though he ist a loyal and true subject of England, a powerful Admiral of our seas and well loved by mine father and brother alike his lust for glory could get him in trouble. As can his tendancies towards the women of the court.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:04 am

I agree as regards the language, my lady- however, as I cannot yet read English, I would like copies made in Latin or Spanish, that I may know what they say.

What do I wish to do with myself here? 'Tis a hard question. I should see to my rooms, arranging them and selecting my gentleman. I have met Lord Seymour and find him amenable- I do wonder, though, if my lady wife is asking me to keep that gentleman on a leash?

I will gladly see to your fleets, but I fear such may not be politic now. Though I am not an Infante of Spain, I am a Spaniard and a grande of that nation. Perhaps your subjects will see it as a foreigner meddling in their military.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:26 am

I wonder how long my father will delay sending the news. He is, I understand, very attached to his wife and prefers to act in all things with her consent if not approval. At some point it may become necessary to force his hand, though I do not wish to.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:31 am

Wise words my lord. We shall give thine father and the fleet time. But thou hath papers in mine own hand giving thee free reign in the construction of a new ship if it please thee at any time.

...as for my lord Seymour. No, I would not have him kept upon a leash. He ist at his best when set free. He inspires loyalty among men and trouble among ladies.

*Elizabeth sighs and motions for all servants attending upon them to leave the room. Rising from the small table at which they are seated she crosses the room wringing her hands in some small distress, more like a child than a powerful Queen.*

I know not what thou hath heard of my lord Seymour and his dealings with me in the past. There hath been much rumour that didst place me in great danger whenst I was but a girl, and as such I hath long chosen not to speak of it. For mine own safety. But as thou art mine husband, I will tell thee of it all if thou wishest?

*she looks down at the floor most sorrowfull then sighs and looks up at him*

Thou wilt be better armed at court knowing all that hath happened.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:45 am

*looks at Elizabeth for a moment before responding*
I have heard some things, but being in the court of my brother one never knows if the stories are truth or tale. If you will tell, I will listen.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:24 am

The effect of my lord Seymour on mine life hath been long and varied. It began with mine mother whenst I was too young to know the goings on at court.

*Elizabeth sits afore the fire, feeling the chill a little as she tries hard to think back, pulling together scant memories of her mother*

My lord Thomas Seymour and his brother were anxious to advance themselves and pushed their sister Jane toward mine father. Twas Jane Seymour that he wished to marry when he ordered the execution of mine mother.

Many step-mother's later when I was finally accepted at court as the Princess Elizabeth by dear Queen Catherine Parr, I found my lord Seymour much in her presance when he returned to England. She was very much in love with Thomas even then, though I was too young to see it. Upon the death of the King she looked kindly upon me and retained her guardianship of ourself while my poor brother was left under the control of Edward Seymour and... *Elizabeth scowls at the thought * the lady Anne Stanhope, his wife.

*Elizabeth smiles a little*

My brother, dear Edward, called her all names under the sun. I do believe "Beetleface" wast mine favourite.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:30 am

How difficult your childhood must have been...*he says softly, almost too quietly to hear.*
Beetleface? It certainly does conjure up an image.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:34 am

*she shakes away memories of time with her brother and thinks back on her time living with Catherine Parr.*

...I had not long been under the care of Catherine when Thomas became her husband and therefore mine legal guardian. He seemed wise and magnificent back then. Full of tales of the sea and battles won. Finely dressed and well versed in the ways of court. I was but a girl when he flattered me with jokes that he would marry me if he could, well aware how he charmed the ladies. ...but I must admit I had a slight crush upon him. I and half the women of southern England.

He wast most jovial a guardian, attentive, kind. I can not say I was treated like a child or a captive as my brother under The Lord Protector's care. But my lord Seymour was a little too... *Elizabeth sighs and then snaps it out in anger* My lord Seymour's ways are too forward by far. Many ladies of court do like it, but I didst not know how to take it. Long attended by ladies and kept far from court for so long I had little experiance with the company of men. And here wast lord Seymour raising me from my slumber each morning, charging into mine chamber half dressed and behaving so roughly with me. I didst not wish for him to become angered with me and laughed off what I could, but something wast not quite right.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:38 am

And you were how old at the time? A child? Being barged in on by a man grown?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:48 am

I was but fourteen my lord. Had I been a small child or a grown woman I would have weathered it far better. I can assure you my lord that my honour wast not injured, but mine pride and mine delicate sensibilities may well have been.

*Elizabeth blinks away tears*

I didst pray that I could arise and dress afore him each morning, and when I didst not I did hope as the doors crashed open that I would be greeted with none but his quick good humour and a wish for us all to be up and dressed to go out upon the sea that day. For I did so love to spend time with him in the day, sailing into the wind or hunting within the grounds opon mine finest horse.

The times whenst he didst jump on the bed and tickle me I cudst escape mine own turmoil of emotions quite easy, helpless with laughter as I was. Afore my lady nurse Kat Ashley didst thankfully turf him out. Othertimes he wudst... he wudst strike me most familiarly. I knew not whether to try and escape at speed or sit firmly upon the bed so he cudst not slap me across the behind. I found it all most distressing. Dear Kat didst have words with him about it, knowing mine distress, but as he was man of the household he insisted he cudst do as he wished and that there was no harm intended in his games.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:59 am

The worst of all was when my lady Catherine didst join her husband's games. I can little fault her for she worshipped him and was trying to be a most pleasing lady wife. I know not whether she or I were the greatest victim of it all. I didst but survive the mornings with the knowledge that the days and evenings at least would be a true and good time whenst I could relax, but my lord Seymour and the lady Catherine didst become most entranced with their game playing.

One day a mere merry game where we were but running through the gardens didst result in a most shaming moment for me. I have never been so shamed afore. My lady Catherine didst catch me in our game and hold me, captive as the prize in our game. However when my lord Seymour didst approach with a look of mischief in his eye she didst not release me. She laughed and held me tighter as my lord Seymour didst jokingly threaten me with his sword.

One slash to mine skirts became many more until me clothes were in rags strewn about me and my screams and cries for help didst alert the servants to rescue me from them.

*Elizabeth, now trembling in the memory of it all, doth feel the shame of the servants eyes upon her once again. Shielding her body automatically with her arms and covering her face she doth begin to sob quietly*
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:03 am

Ah my poor wife, that you did not have more careful guardians in your youth! And that Lord Seymour and the Queen Dowager would act such to a young and innocent girl...
*wraps his arm around her shoulders*
Now, as you have unburderned yourself, 'tis my turn. So... I have two daughters. In Italy.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:06 am

*Elizabeth sobs against him. Comforted by him her sobs and sniffles lessen and her mind clears a little.*

Two daughters my lord?

*She sniffles a little and wipes at her eyes afore a gentle and genuine smile doth cross o'er her face.*

Tell me of them. Doth thou know them well?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:23 am

Well... their mothers are noblewomen I met in my travels with my nephew- Alejandro Farnese of Parma- he is my father's other bastard's son. Both girls are being brought up in convents. My secretary helped find husbands for the mothers.

I do not know them, to my shame, I suppose. I was very young when they were born. The letters I get from the abbesses assure me both are doing well, and are every kind of perfect.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:04 am

If you wish it, I can send for them. Their names are Juana and Ana. I admit to not telling you for fear of your reaction, but if we are to be married we must be honest and forthright, correct?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Though I would not have us document our every move to one another, I would prefer it if we cudst speak freely on matters as we need to. I believe strongly that knowledge is the key to everything, and so I canst function better when I am in the know. That is why I saw fit to tell thee of lord Seymour, though there ist yet much more for thee to know.

...I admit I didst wonder if thou had children, but it did not seem correct to ask, nor to press thee on the matter. I would wish to ensure them well cared for in every way, and if it would please thee to know them better we would be glad to have them in England. As one oft seperated from her father and packed away out of sight and mind, I would have thine girls not suffer a similar fate.

May we ask more of their mothers? Are they ladies that thou doth feel the seperation from, are they contented with their husbands and do they see their daughters?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:55 am

The older one, I hear, is much attracted to the religious life. The younger not so much. As to their mothers, I admit to not being much acquainted with them, aside from that which was necessary to, um, create them. I assume they and their husbands are in contact with the girls, unless they prefer to forget their existance.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:05 am

*The Scottish courier bribes Elizabeth flirtatious lady to listen at her door and tell him everything she hears*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:06 am

How very sad indeed my lord. If it please thee, I should like to ensure that thine daughters know at least one of their parents. If their mothers care not to attend upon them, I would have them here, but would not otherwise wish them parted from their mothers or happy existance in Italy.

I imagine it would please thee - as it would myself - to ensure them well provided for in all things. Whether they are here or do remain in Italy. The decision is in thine hands, but we would be pleased to accomodate them in any way we can. They need not know of their true parentage if thou do not wish it, but we would not have them unloved or un-provided for just because of circumstance and distance.

Either way, my lord Walsingham wilt be best suited for the task. Though his usual dealings are with mine enemies, he ist a kind and good man. He wud be more discreet in his dealings than any other, canst discover any secrets of their care and he didst spend much of mine sister's reign in Padua. Thou shalt find him with more contacts and systems on the continent than thou cudst imagine.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:10 am

*loyal to her Queen and well versed in the happenings of court, Elizabeth's lady informs her mistress of the courier's request. Elizabeth doth have the man put in Francis Walsingham's care, inistsing he ist well treated but also well guarded until she hears from his mistress.*

*Elizabeth doth send a missive to Her Majesty the Queen of Scots, informing her what her courier hath been attempting and enquiring if it is her own wish to deal with him, or whether he ist to remain in Master Walsingham's care.*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:13 am

*Marie blushes embaressed. Remembering Randolph's spying on herself and realizing how hypocritical and facile she now seems she fires of a missive asking to punish the man herself and assuring Elizabeth that he shall be punished to the utmost*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Private Chambers of Elizabeth   The Private Chambers of Elizabeth - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Private Chambers of Elizabeth
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next